The 2014-15 competition has concluded. You will find an announcement here for the 2015-16 competition in early September 2014. What is listed below will help to guide you with what we will likely require for the 2015-16 competition. The deadline for proposals, however, will be December 29, 2014.
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 15th annual competition for doctoral and post-doctoral research fellowships in Palestinian studies.
Important information about the fellowship competition:
- Research must contribute to Palestinian studies. Any area of Palestinian studies will be considered, including the humanities, social sciences, economics, law, health and applied sciences. Purely scientific research is not eligible for this fellowship competition.
- Research must take place in Palestine, Israel, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- PARC funding is limited to one year of research.
- Individual and joint research projects are eligible for this competition.
- Applicants must be post-doctoral scholars, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program. Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time the research commences. The fellowship will not cover tuition fees. Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic publication are eligible. Applicants with a master's degree may only apply jointly with a post-doctoral scholar.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens. U.S. permanent residents are not eligible for this competition.*
- Applicants must be PARC members. Visit the PARC membership page for more information.
- Former PARC fellows who received grants in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
- Minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
Click on the box above to view the application and submission instructions.
Funded by the U.S. State Department's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs through an agreement with CAORC.
*Palestinians who are not U.S. citizens should visit the Palestinian Fellowships page and contact the Palestine office at email@example.com. Palestinian applicants must submit a preproposal to PARC's Palestine office by 2 September 2014.