Please note the original version of the 2014-15 application contained an incorrect address. The correct address for PARC is P.O. Box 19616, Washington DC 20036
The 2014-15 Application Form is now available online. Please click to access the PDF.
Fellowship awards from $6,000 to $9,000
Full proposals due January 6, 2014
Awards announced March 10, 2014
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 15th annual competition for doctoral and post-doctoral research fellowships in Palestinian studies.
Important information about the fellowship competition:
- Research must contribute to Palestinian studies. Any area of Palestinian studies will be considered, including the humanities, social sciences, economics, law, health and applied sciences. Purely scientific research is not eligible for this fellowship competition.
- Research must take place in Palestine, Israel, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- PARC funding is limited to one year of research.
- Individual and joint research projects are eligible for this competition.
- Applicants must be post-doctoral scholars, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program. Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time the research commences. The fellowship will not cover tuition fees. Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic publication are eligible. Applicants with a master's degree may only apply jointly with a post-doctoral scholar.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens. U.S. permanent residents are not eligible for this competition.*
- Applicants must be PARC members. Visit the PARC membership page for more information.
- Former PARC fellows who received grants in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
- Minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
Click on the box above to view the application and submission instructions.
Funded by the U.S. State Department's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs through an agreement with CAORC.
*Palestinians who are not U.S. citizens should visit the Palestinian Fellowships page and contact the Palestine office at email@example.com. Palestinian applicants must submit a preproposal to PARC's Palestine office by 2 October 2013.