Click below to be directed to our online application system: https://orcfellowships.smapply.org/.
Click here for information on using our online application system and resources for developing your proposal.
Applications due January 3, 2022
Awards announced March 25, 2022
Fellowship awards up to a maximum of $9,000
Awardees will have until December 31, 2023 to complete their research
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 23rd annual U.S. research fellowship competition for research that will contribute to Palestinian studies. Applicants must be doctoral students or scholars who have earned their PhD and must be U.S. citizens.
Information about the fellowship competition:
- Research must contribute to Palestinian studies. Any field of research will be considered, including the arts, humanities, social sciences, economics, law, public health, and applied sciences. Purely scientific research is not eligible for this fellowship competition.
- Research must take place in Palestine, Israel, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- Field research must be for a minimum of two months up to a maximum of one year.
- Individual and joint research projects are eligible for this competition.
- Applicants must be scholars who have earned their PhD, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program.
- By the time the research commences, doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for their degree except the dissertation. The fellowship will not cover tuition fees.
- Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic publication are eligible to apply.
- Master's degree holders without a record of academic publication are only eligible to apply for a joint research project with a lead researcher who holds a PhD.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens. U.S. permanent residents are not eligible for this competition.*
- Applicants must be PARC members. Visit the PARC membership page for more information.
- Scholars who received a PARC fellowship in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
- Minority scholars and scholars from Minority Serving Institutions are especially encouraged to apply.
*Palestinians who are not U.S. citizens should visit the Palestinian Fellowships page and contact the Palestine office at email@example.com.
Click on the box above to be directed to our online application system.
Funded by the U.S. State Department's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs through an agreement with CAORC.