NEH Fellowship Application Deadline Extended to January 18. All materials to be sent by email. Please consider applying and pass on the information to your colleagues.
2014-15 NEH/FPIRI Fellowship Competition for Scholars Conducting Field-Based Humanities Research in Palestine
Fellowship awards range from four to eight consecutive months. Selected fellows are awarded $4,200 per month of the award.
Full proposals due January 18, 2014
Awards announced March 10, 2014
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its second National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Fellowship Programs at Independent Research Institutions (FPIRI) competition for post-doctoral fellowships for research in Palestine.
Important information about the fellowship competition:
- Fields of study include, but are not limited to, history, philosophy, religious studies, literature, literary criticism, and visual and performing arts. In addition, research that embraces a humanistic approach and methods will be considered.
- Applicants must be post-doctoral scholars.
- Applicants must propose a minimum of four consecutive months of research and a maximum of eight consecutive months of research that takes place in the West Bank.
- Selected fellows must work on their research full-time during their period of funding.
- Fellowship recipients must be U.S. citizens or have lived in the United States for a minimum of three years immediately preceding the application deadline.
Click on the box above to view the application and submission instructions.
Funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) under the Fellowship Programs at Independent Research Institutions (FPIRI). PARC will continue to award one to two fellowships each year through 2015.