Pre-proposals due October 10, 2017
Notification of invitation to submit a full proposal November 14, 2017
Full proposals due December 20, 2017
(only people invited to submit are eligible)
Awards announced April 3, 2018
Fellowship awards from $4,000 - $6,000
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 19th annual competition for research in Palestinian Studies for doctoral students or scholars who have earned their PhD.
Interested candidates should send a pre-proposal via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 October 2017.
To be eligible for research fellowships, the following criteria must be met:
- The research project must make a contribution to Palestinian Studies. Research can be in the arts, humanities and social sciences, including inter-disciplinary studies in public health, the environment, and aspects of science directly related to Palestinian Studies.
- Research must take place in Palestine, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- The research must take into account that the fellowship is for one year only.
- Applicants must be scholars who have earned their PhD, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program.
- Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time research commences. The fellowship does not cover tuition fees.
- Researchers without a doctorate but with a record of academic publication are eligible (not less than 10 refereed articles). In addition, master's degree holders without a record of academic publication are eligible to apply for a joint research project only if the lead researcher holds a PhD.
- Individual and joint research projects are eligible, i.e. research can be done by a group of researchers.
- Application is especially encouraged by/for the following researchers/research: Research from and about the Gaza Strip; PhD students and junior faculty; research related to the field of youth engagement in micro-enterprise and youth entrepreneurship.
- Researchers who received a PARC fellowship in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
- Researchers who have received two PARC fellowships are not eligible to apply.
Pre-proposals must be in English.
The pre-proposal must consist of the following:
- A 500-750 word summary including the following:
- Your research topic and research problem
- A short literature review that includes how you engage the literature, and how your work will make a contribution to the literature about your topic
- Specific objectives and description of your research
- The significance of your study and how it advances what we know on this topic in a Palestinian context
- Your specific methodology and time-frame for completion.
- Curriculum vitae (from 2 to 5 pages).
- A detailed research budget indicating the amount requested (not to exceed $6,000).
- For doctoral students only, a copy of MA/MS & PhD transcript(s) or a letter from the head of the department if there is no transcript, and list of your chapters for your dissertation project.
- Pre-proposal application form completed in full (to access the application form, click on the link in the box at the top of this page).
Award amounts will range from $4,000 to $6,000.
Applicants will be notified by 14 November 2017 if their pre-proposal has been approved. Approved applicants will then be invited to fill out a detailed application and submit a full proposal. While research may be conducted in either Arabic or English, final full proposals must be in English. The Palestine Office will offer editorial assistance and advice, whenever possible, in developing full proposals. The deadline for full proposals is 20 December 2017.
Awards will be announced 3 April 2018.
For more information, contact:
PARC PALESTINE OFFICE
P.O. Box 549, Emil Habibi St., 4th floor Al Nahdah Bldg., Almasyoon,
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
Tel (02) 2974240
*Palestinians who are U.S. citizens should also visit the U.S. Fellowships page and the NEH/FPIRI Fellowships page and contact the U.S. office at email@example.com with any questions.