Pre-proposals due October 7, 2018
Notification of invitation to submit a full proposal November 13, 2018
Full proposals due December 17, 2018
(only people invited to submit are eligible)
Awards announced April 2, 2019
Fellowship awards from $4,000 - $6,000
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 20th annual Palestinian research fellowship competition for Palestinian doctoral students and Palestinian scholars who have earned their PhD whose research will contribute to Palestinian studies.
Information about the fellowship competition:
- Research must make a contribution to Palestinian Studies. Research can be in the arts, humanities, social sciences, law, and public health, including inter-disciplinary studies in public health, the environment and other aspects of science directly related to Palestinian Studies. Purely scientific research is not eligible for this competition.
- Research must take place in Palestine, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- PARC funding is limited to one year of research.
- Applicants must be scholars who have earned their PhD, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program.
- Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time research commences. The fellowship does not cover tuition fees.
- Researchers without a doctorate but with a record of academic publication are eligible (not less than 10 refereed articles).
- Master's degree holders without a record of academic publication are eligible to apply for a joint research project only if the lead researcher holds a PhD.
- Individual and joint research projects are eligible, i.e. research can be done by a group of researchers.
- Application is especially encouraged from and about the Gaza Strip and from PhD students and junior faculty.
- Scholars who received a PARC fellowship in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
- Scholars who have received two PARC fellowships are not eligible to apply.
Pre-proposals must be in English and include the following:
- A 600-850 word summary outlining the following:
- Your research topic and research problem
- Short literature review that includes how you engage the literature and how your work will make a contribution to the literature about your topic
- Specific objectives and description of your research
- The significance of your study and how it advances what we know on this topic in a Palestinian context
- Your specific methodology and time-frame for completion.
- Curriculum vitae (not more than 5 pages).
- A detailed research budget indicating the amount requested (not to exceed $6,000).
- For doctoral students only, a copy of MA/MS & PhD transcripts or a letter from the head of the department if there is no transcript, and list of chapters for your dissertation project.
- A completed pre-proposal application form.
For more information, contact:
PARC PALESTINE OFFICE
P.O. Box 549, Emil Habibi St., 4th floor Al Nahdah Bldg., Almasyoon,
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
Tel (02) 2974240
*Palestinians who are U.S. citizens should also visit the U.S. Fellowships page and the NEH/FPIRI Fellowships page and contact the U.S. office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.