Pre-proposals due September 30, 2015
Notification of invitation to submit a full proposal November 10, 2015
Full proposals due December 17, 2015
(only people invited to submit are eligible)
Awards announced March 28, 2016
Fellowship awards from $3,000 - $6,000
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 17th annual competition for doctoral and post-doctoral research fellowships in Palestinian Studies.
Important information about the fellowship competition:
- The research project must make a contribution to Palestinian Studies. Research can be in any area of Palestinian Studies, including the humanities, social sciences, law, health and sciences, environmental rights, and natural resources management. Purely scientific research is not eligible for this fellowship.
- One fellowship will be awarded to researchers studying issues in Palestine from a cross-cutting perspective of social and environmental sciences, focusing on the nexus of environmental affairs with human rights, gender or political analysis. Potential fields could involve environmental rights, socio-political analyses of natural resource access or others.
- Research must take place in Palestine, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- PARC funding is limited to one year of research.
- Applicants must be post-doctoral scholars, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program.
- Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time research commences. The fellowship does not cover tuition fees.
- Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic publication are also eligible. Applicants with a master's degree may only apply for a joint project with a post-doctoral scholar.
- Individual and joint research is eligible i.e. research can be done by a group of researchers.
- Women applicants and scholars from the Gaza Strip are especially encouraged to apply.
- PARC fellows who received grants in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
Click on the box above to view the application and submission instructions.
*Palestinians who are U.S. citizens should visit the U.S. Fellowship page and contact the U.S. office at firstname.lastname@example.org.