Pre-proposals due October 5, 2016
Notification of invitation to submit a full proposal November 10, 2016
Full proposals due December 15, 2016
(only people invited to submit are eligible)
Awards announced April 3, 2017
Fellowship awards from $3,000 - $6,000
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 18th annual competition for doctoral and post-doctoral research fellowships in Palestinian Studies.
Interested candidates should send a pre-proposal via email to email@example.com by 5 October 2016.
To be eligible for research fellowships, the following criteria must be met:
- The research project must make a contribution to Palestinian Studies. Research can be in humanities and social sciences, including inter-disciplinary studies in public health, environment, and aspects of science directly related to Palestinian Studies.
- One fellowship will be awarded to researchers studying the linkage between environmental issues and human rights with gender as a cross-cutting issue. Potential fields could involve resource management and sustainability, legislations and policies, and violations to the environment.
- Research must take place in Palestine, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- The research must take into account that the fellowship is for one year only.
- Applicants must be post-doctoral scholars, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program.
- Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time research commences. The fellowship does not cover tuition fees.
- Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic publication are also eligible. Applicants with a master's degree may only apply for a joint project with a post-doctoral scholar.
- Individual and joint research is eligible i.e. research can be done by a group of researchers.
- Women applicants and scholars from the Gaza Strip are especially encouraged to apply.
- PARC fellows who received grants in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
Click on the box above to view the application and submission instructions.
For further information on requirements and procedures or any questions, please contact:
Dr. Ghada alMadbouh
PARC PALESTINE OFFICE
P.O. Box 549, Emil Habibi St., 4th floor Al Nahdah Bldg., Almasyoon,
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
Tel (02) 2974240
*Palestinians who are U.S. citizens should also visit the U.S. Fellowships page and the NEH/FPIRI Fellowships page and contact the U.S. office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.