U.S. Media Development Seminar on Palestine
2014 Media Development Seminar
June 5-June 16, 2014 in Jerusalem and the West Bank
Applications due January 20, 2014
Extended Deadline: January 29, 2014
All Application Materials To Be Sent ONLY By EMAIL
Awards announced February 28, 2014
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its first Media Development Seminar on Palestine. This 12-day seminar is for U.S. faculty members with a demonstrated interest in, but little travel experience to, Palestine.
PARC will select 10 to 12 U.S. journalism/media faculty members to participate in Jerusalem-based activities that will include visiting university media departments and local media outlets as well as meeting with Palestinian scholars and members of Palestinian media community, civil society and government.
Through these activities, participants will learn about the region, deepen their knowledge of media in and about Palestine, and build relationships with Palestinian colleagues both in academia and the media sector.
- Be U.S. citizens.
- Be faculty members at recognized U.S. colleges or universities. Applicants should be professors in media, journalism, or other related departments at their universities.
- Have a demonstrated interest in Palestine.
- Have little previous travel experience to Palestine.
- Be willing to integrate their experiences from the seminar into their own teaching and/or pursue a joint research project or publication with a Palestinian colleague.
- Be a member of PARC. Visit the PARC membership page for more information.
PARC will make all arrangements for seminars, workshops, tours, and meetings with Palestinian colleagues. PARC will cover all expenses for in-country group ground travel, accommodations, and group meals, as well as round trip international travel from the U.S. to Tel Aviv. Personal and free day expenses will be the responsibility of each faculty member.